Food poisoning can be harmless, but also run fatal.
The term food poisoning describes a variety of disorders of the human body, there is always a reaction due to food taken. In harmless case the individual concerned has taken a slightly corrupted or incompatible foods and suffers an average of three to five days from the symptoms. Of a serious food poisoning is said to occur when the person actually toxic substances, such as edible mushrooms has eaten. In this case, the symptoms are very intense and may come to light is an acute danger to life. To find out the cause of food poisoning, the doctor asked his patient to consume food. Often the reason but can not even identify, for example, if the symptoms occur after a restaurant visit.
Bacteria are frequently responsible for food poisoning.
If a patient suffers from diarrhea after eating, nausea and stomach discomfort, these symptoms point to a food poisoning. There are several causes of it are in question, however, are often to blame for food with bacteria infected with the symptoms. Very often it is this is the bacterium Staphylococcus aureus, which is not destroyed by the cooking process. Bacteria are very common in meat and dairy products should therefore be taken here in the consumption of the origin. Should be avoided, the consumption of meat in dirty-looking locations, but also raw animal products may pose a risk for food poisoning. Also the cause of food poisoning can be metals such as copper, zinc and lead, if they serve as a repository for acidic foods. These metals are combined with the food and then dissolve in the body from the typical symptoms of poisoning.
Food poisoning caused by fungi belongs to the dangerous variant.
Mushrooms should be gathered solely by persons who are familiar with the matter and distinguish a poisonous mushroom from a non-toxic can. But even experienced mushroom collector can make mistakes and so is the mushroom poisoning is a frequent phenomenon in the emergency rooms of hospitals. How dangerous is the poisonous mushrooms to the organism depends on various circumstances. The amount of product consumed is as important as the exact strain. If, after the mushroom consumption symptoms such as stomach pain, diarrhea, vomiting, as well as hallucinations and disorders of the central nervous system on, is the immediate contact to emergency medical importance. If left untreated, a food poisoning by mushrooms cause death.
Food poisoning tends to occur frequently in the summer.
In the warm months are piling up patients who complain of symptoms of food poisoning. This is caused by the heat which is an ideal breeding ground for germs and bacteria. During the ice season often leads to infections with Salmonella, which also apply to physicians as food poisoning. The usual treatment for minor symptoms, consists of the supply of adequate fluid and electrolyte solutions, because of diarrhea affected patients are prone to drying out. Especially in children may require a hospital to hospital to be necessary if the symptoms persist for more than two days or high fever occurs. As a food poisoning is treated in detail, is dependent on the triggering substances. Most bacterial causes can be through the administration of antibiotics to fight relatively quickly, may sometimes be necessary, gastric lavage in the ingestion of certain toxins.